Chris is the founder and Senior Partner of Capital. Chris is a commercial lawyer, whose legal work mainly involves handling the disputes and conflicts that organisations encounter. This often involves undertaking litigation ruthlessly, but also involves finding commercial and practical solutions, albeit in highly contentious situations.Chris’ recent work includes:
- winning a £100m claim by employees against their former CEO who had misappropriated their share ownership scheme
- representing lawyers’ commercial interests, including a significant partnership dispute, arising from an SFO prosecution (ongoing)
- successfully representing a private equity fund in a dispute with a former partner
- handling a University’s dispute with a former joint venture business partner (ongoing).
Chris was a part-time Judge for eight years, retiring from this role to devote more time to Capital’s clients.
Chris also does a lot of work outside law, his experience includes:
- chairman of The Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
- non-executive director of Cardiff Blues since it was created
- chair of the Welsh Government’s Financial and Professional Services Advisory Panel
- founding Chairman and ongoing member of Central Cardiff Enterprise Zone
- chairman of IFR Group Ltd (claims management company)
- founder and Chairman of Knife and Fork Food Ltd (pub and restaurant group)
- chair of Cardiff Community Housing Association Ltd
- trustee of Monmouth Haberdashers Schools Trust
- member BBC Audience Council for Wales.